The Evelyn Oldfield Unit is an independent, membership-based, charitable organisation. We aim to provide, develop and coordinate specialist aid and support services for established Refugee and Migrant Organisations and individuals in order to increase their capacity and potential for meeting the needs of their communities.
The EOU is committed to be inspired by the needs of RMCO. Thus, we aim to provide services and support that will enable RMCO to fulfil their potential and to make a positive contribution to the wider society. All the services provided by the EOU are divided into different projects. Each project is assigned to a special project leader or development worker. The EOU provides the following services:
- Provide accredited research courses to enable BAMER groups to develop evidence based planning and research for influence
- Supporting students through a mentoring scheme
- Consultancy and training to support women
- Provide and organise seminars and workshops
- Building strategic engagement, collaboration and improving access to services
- Support for people from BAMER backgrounds to access local and meaningful volunteering opportunities
Our current work is delivered via four key projects
- Building the Big Society (volunteering)
- Supporting Women Project
- Research for Action and Influence
- The e3 Project
- Founding the Future
Click on the About Us tab above to learn more about The Evelyn Oldfield Unit’s background and members.