Helping our community members reach their potential.
The Evelyn Oldfield Unit (EOU) is committed to providing services and support to help members of our society fulfill their potential and make a positive contribution. The EOU works specifically to meet the needs of Black, Asian, minority, ethnic, and refugee (BAMER) communities.
To accomplish this, we provide a variety of services to BAMER individuals, including:
- Mentoring schemes for students
- Courses for new or early English learners
- Pro bono legal advice
We also offer tools and resources aimed at empowering Refugee Migrant Community Organisations (RMCOs) membership organisations. Services for member organisations include:
- Accredited research courses to develop evidence-based planning and research for influence;
- Capacity building workshops for groups working with vulnerable women
- Financial management training for small organisations