EOU Solicitor Pro Bono Project
This project provides free legal advice by fully qualified solicitors to London’s black, Asian, minority ethnic and refugee (BAMER) community.
Why the project is needed
In light of Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO) cuts, those from the BAMER community have been impacted greatly. The cuts to those from the BAMER community in particular have been devastating. Doubly impacted, because as well as the usual hardships of life, there are cultural and language barriers. BAMER should not be barred from having access to justice because of the above stated reasons.
Aims of project
- To relieve overcapacity of other service providers such as CAB, legal advice centres, advocacy clinics and other independent advice clinics;
- To provide a free advice service to the community by qualified solicitors with specialised knowledge and expertise;
- To remedy the issue of service users being subjected to long waiting times and over-complicated processes to access free legal services.
You can book your free 15 minute appointment to see a solicitor by doing any one of the following:
- Call the Appointments line on tel: 0207 697 4100;
- Email: email@example.com; or
- Drop in to see us at the Evelyn Oldfield Unit, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA, from 9am – 5pm
Upcoming dates for appointments
Immigration and Criminal Law:
Tuesday 2nd May, 5pm – 6pm
Monday 5th June, 5pm – 6pm
Landlord, Tenant and Claims against the Police:
Wednesday 10th May, 5pm – 6pm
Wednesday 14th June, 5pm – 6pm
Wednesday 24th May, 2:30pm – 4:00pm
Wednesday 28th June, 2:30pm – 4:00pm