EOU Pro Bono Legal Advice Project
This project provides free legal advice by fully qualified solicitors to London’s black, Asian, minority ethnic and refugee (BAMER) community.
Why the project is needed
In light of Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO) cuts, those from the BAMER community have been impacted greatly. The cuts to those from the BAMER community in particular have been devastating. Doubly impacted, because as well as the usual hardships of life, there are cultural and language barriers. BAMER should not be barred from having access to justice because of the above stated reasons.
Aims of project
- To relieve overcapacity of other service providers such as CAB, legal advice centres, advocacy clinics and other independent advice clinics;
- To provide a free advice service to the community by qualified solicitors with specialised knowledge and expertise;
- To remedy the issue of service users being subjected to long waiting times and over-complicated processes to access free legal services.
To meet with a solicitor, please book your free 15-minute appointment by:
- Calling the Appointments line at 0207 697 4100;
- Emailing email@example.com; or
- Dropping by the Evelyn Oldfield Unit, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA, from 9am – 5pm.
Dates for Appointments:
Immigration and Criminal Law
5pm – 6pm on the first Monday of every month
Landlord, Tenant and Claims against the Police
5pm – 6pm on the second Wednesday of every month
2:30pm – 4:00pm on the fourth Wednesday of every month
Please be aware, due to capacity and demand, solicitors are only able to meet with individuals that pre-book an appointment in advance. See above for details about how you can book your free appointment.