This Comic Relief-funded EOU project has been set up building on our previous work with women and with feedback from key stakeholders in order to build the capacity of groups working with vulnerable refugee and asylum-seeking women.
It is a multi-agency project involving refugee and asylum-seeking groups (RAS), mainstream and statutory agencies.
Our focus is on those working with women affected by violence or trauma. This includes violence or trauma from experiences pre-migration, during the asylum process and/or faced by new communities here in the UK.
We are running this project with our values of collaboration and participation at the core and thus we are looking for steering group members, collaborators, advice, tips and new connections, including reaching out to small groups working with women who may be new to the Evelyn Oldfield Unit.
This is a women-only project and for London groups only.
The main activities will include:
- Consultancy support for the planning of new projects to support women
- Offering training for frontline staff supporting vulnerable women
- Running accredited advocacy sessions for RAS women
- Raise awareness of the issues vulnerable RAS women face
- Facilitating dialogue between agencies working with women
- Annual conference—sharing learning, understanding new developments in the sector
- Building strategic engagement, collaboration and improving access to services
- Working with mainstream and legal groups to improve their working practices
- Building resources: development of online good-practice resources on working with vulnerable RAS women
Our Supporting Women Project Toolkit is one click away!
If you would like to find out more about this project, please contact Sheena, 0207 697 4103 or at firstname.lastname@example.org